Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen!
Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, "sunscreen" would be it.
The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists,
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
I will dispense this advice NOW!
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth.
Oh, never mind.
You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded.But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.
You are not as fat as you imagine.
Don't worry about the future.
Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind,
The kind that blindside you at 4 pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing every day that scares you.
Don't be reckless with other people's hearts.Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
Don't waste your time on jealousy.Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.
Remember compliments you receive.
Forget the insults.
If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.Keep your old love letters.
Throw away your old bank statements.
Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life.
The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives.Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.
Get plenty of calcium.
Be kind to your knees.
You'll miss them when they're gone.
Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't.Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't.Maybe you'll divorce at 40.
Maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary.Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much,
or berate yourself either.
Your choices are half chance.
So are everybody else's.
Enjoy your body.
Use it every way you can.
Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it.
It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.
Even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.
Do not read beauty magazines.
They will only make you feel ugly.
"Brother and sister together we'll make it through,
Someday a spirit will take you and guide you there
I know that you're hurting but I've been waiting there for you
and I'll be there just helping you outwhenever I can..."
Get to know your parents.
You never know when they'll be gone for good.Be nice to your siblings.
They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,
but with a precious few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get,
the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.Live in "New York City" once, but leave before it makes you hard.
Live in "Northern California" once, but leave before it makes you soft.
Accept certain inalienable truths:
Prices will rise.
Politicians will philander.
You, too, will get old.
And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young,
prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders.
Don't expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund.
Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse.
But you never know when either one might run out.
Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.
Be careful whose advice you buy,
but be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of nostalgia.
Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
"Brother and sister together we'll make it through,Someday a spirit will take you and guide you thereI know that you're hurting but I've been waiting there for youand I'll be there just helping you outwhenever I can..."Everybody's Free, Everybody's Free -To Feel Good!
Livros que me acompanham em 2009
- Notes from my travels- Angelina Jolie
- THE SHAMANIC WAY OF THE HEART - Chamalu- Luis Espinoza
- Shooting Butterflies - Marika Cobbold
- The Global Deal - Climate change and the creation of a new era of progress and prosperity- Nicholas Stern
- The Penelopiad- Margaret Atwood
- Discover Atlantis - Diana Cooper
- Tne Gift - How the creative spirit transform the World - Lewis Hyde
- My East End: A history of Cockney London- Gilda O'Neil
- Delta of Venus- Anais Ninn
- The Little Prince- Antoine de Saint Exupéry *** Apr
- Doidas e Santas- Martha Medeiros (March)
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson - Feb
- Healing With the Faries by Doreen Virtue (Feb)
- Montanha Russa- Martha Medeiros (Feb)
- O codigo da Inteligencia - Augusto Curry - Feb
- O Ensaio sobre a cegueira - Jose Saramago ( Jan Lendo)
Livros que andaram comigo em 2008
- Meditacao a primeira e ultima Liberdade by OSHO ( Dec)
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje (Dec Lendo)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K Rowling (Oct Lendo)
- The PowerBook - Janette Wintersone (Oct- )
- A vida que ninguem ve- Eliane Brum (Sep - Lendo)
- The Birthday Party - Panos Karnezis - (Sep )
- Ensaio sobre a Lucidez -Jose Saramago (Lendo...)JUN
- Nearer The Moon -Anais Ninn (Lendo..) JUN
- Superando o carcere da emocao - Augusto Cury(lendo...) JUN
- Perdas e Ganhos- Lya Luft Jun(Releitura) Jun
- A Mulher que escreveu a Biblia - Moacyr Scliar(May) ****
- The Secret By Rhonda Byrne (May)
- Time Bites -Doriss Lessing March (lendo...)
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel (March to May )
- The Kite Runner -Khaled Hossein /March ****
- Back when we were geown ups / ANNE TYLER (larguei na metade)
- O Sonho mais doce - DORIS LESSING /Feb ****
- The Crimson Petal and the White- MICHAEL FABER / Dec-Jan / ***
Livros que me acompanharam em 2007
- Burning Bright - TRACY CAVILER
- Fear of flying - ERICA JOUNG (larguei na 50th pagina)
- I'll take you there - JOYCE CAROL OATES ***
- Memorias de minhas putas trsites GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ ***
- The Siege - HELEN DUNMORE ***
- A girl with a pearl earing - TRACY CHAVILER ***
- A year in Province PETER MYLES ( larguei na metade)
- The mark of the angel- NANCY HUSTON-
- A bruxa de portobelo - PAULO COELHO -
- Under the Tuscany Sun - FRANCES MAYA -
- Sophie's World - JOSTEIN GAARDER *
- The umberable lightness of being - KUNDERA- **
- As aventuras da menina ma MARIO VARGAS LOSA - ****
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (120)
- ► 2010 (182)
- ► 2009 (203)
- ► 2008 (249)
- PS- It's Friday!
- Try something new today
- Follow your own star! ...
- Amor de amiga
- Perdas e Ganhos
- Quando uma porta se fecha
- Survive! ***
- Let us train our minds to desire what the situatio...
- Good day
- Dalai Lama
- CoIsAs QuE jA OuVIa AnTeS eM aLgUm LUgaR
- Tanta coisa para falar a respeito
- SEX AND THE CITY QUOTE
- Camera lenta
- Millor de hoje
- Its' wild world
- Can't stop myself
- ▼ August (29)
- The Beauty an dthe Beast
- Marcelo germinario
- Ana Maria Goncalves
- Afirmacoes de Luz
- Eu escolho a Luz
- Baila no ceu
- Saindo da Matrix
- Photography II
- Nova ERA
- Varanda da poesia
- Yann Martel
- Tracy Chevalier
- Mary Soderstrom
- Mundo Pessoa
- Healthy Food
- Paul Holland
- Alem do ceu e da Terra
- Lira Neto
- Simplesmente Assim
- GAROTAS DAGGERS
- SHE IS HARDCORE!!!
- Bomba Inteligente
- Gostar a Bruta
- Things look like things
- A morada do silencio